Monaco's Kylian Mbappe to 'sort through' transfer options over summer
Kylian Mbappe will take time to “sort through” the options he has while on holiday with his family this summer as the highly prized Monaco striker ponders the next step in his flourishing career.
A source told ESPN FC last week that two clubs had made bids of more than €100 million for the 18-year-old, whose stunning displays in Monaco’s Ligue 1 title win and run to the semifinals of the Champions League have sparked strong interest from Europe’s biggest clubs.
Real Madrid, Arsenal and Liverpool have all been linked with the teenage prodigy, who only signed his first professional contract a year ago.
“We’re going to go away as a family and we’re going to think it over,” Mbappe told reporters after helping France to Tuesday’s 3-2 win over England at the Stade de France.
“For the moment, I’m going to leave my suitcases in Paris, because we’re here. I can’t take them with me. We’ll have to sort through things, see what happens with the club. I’m under contract, I’m not free.”
Monaco’s owner, the Russian billionaire Dimitri Rybolovlev, recently stated he will not stand in the way of players as long as the price is right.
Ian is ESPN’s French football correspondent. Twitter: @ian_holyman